Project Manager – Sales, New Jersey
The Project Manager is responsible for managing customer relations and projects through direct contact with customers and factories. The Project Manager is an integral point person responsible for maintaining ongoing contact with sales staff, clients, and internal cross-functional teams to develop and maintain all aspects of a customer’s launch (Cost, Aesthetic targets, Technical, Quality, and Timing).
- Provide research and analysis on creative and artistic outlets including but not limited to Fashion, Beauty, and Architecture
- Create and curate design briefs based on research, client requests, and sales input
- Create copy for packaging, product, and formula descriptions
- Discover sales points and delineate aspects of product, packaging, and formula
- Subject-matter expert on new and upcoming trends in fashion and beauty
- Source components and negotiate with existing supplier base, accounting for variables including capability, costing, quality assurance, etc.
- Develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders, and ensure technical feasibility.
- Ensure production is properly executed by establishing packaging standards and defect ranges with the customer.
- Apply knowledge of package development practices and processes to best meet client needs.
- Handling administrative duties including issuing program quotations, developing and managing timelines, keeping customer files, and issuing Purchase Orders.
- Set pricing agreements with customers.
- Use strong problem-solving skills to answer customer questions and resolve quality issues.
- Accurately quote transit costs to customers.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule, and costs.
- Holds meetings with customers independently and with salespeople.
- Holds meetings with designers and engineers for renderings/sketches.
- Manage full turnkey projects including packaging development and formula development to ensure execution and delivery of products.
- Ensure clients abide by timing in both formula and packaging development.
- Degree: Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-4 years experience working with manufacturing & production is required
- Previous experience managing multiple projects or account management is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs (Outlook, Excel and Word) is required
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work effectively with a team
- Strong verbal/written communication skills are essential
- The ability to work independently using strong critical thinking skills
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Immediate full-time opportunity
- Great Medical, Dental & Vision benefits after 90 days
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Account
- Excellent 401k plan 17 days — Paid Time Off per calendar year (prorated the first year)
- 12 Paid Holidays Per Year Details:
- Pay rate: depending on experience
- Hours: Monday-Friday 8:45 am – 5:15 pm
For further info on our company, please visit our website: www.hctgroup.com. HCT complies with all applicable national, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work in the United States.
Back to Careers